Dear Colleagues,

To test Purchasing Power Parity Theory the Argentine Peso provides a
potentially useful example for instruction in the classroom. But data are
needed going back decades.

I have Peso exchange rate data going back to the year 1913, but cannot find
(reliable and unbiased**) data on Argentine Price Indices (Consumer or
Wholesale - it does not matter) going back more than a couple of decades -
preferably over a 100 year period.  Can anyone refer me to a data source for
Argentine Price Levels in decades prior to 1990?

Sincerely,

Prof. Farok J. Contractor
Department of Management and Global Business
Rutgers Business School
Rutgers University
1 Washington Park
Newark, New Jersey 07102-1897, USA
WEB PAGE:
<http://www.business.rutgers.edu/faculty-research/directory/contractor-farok

http://www.business.rutgers.edu/faculty-research/directory/contractor-farok

PS: **Yes I am aware that, because of political interference, official
figures after 2007 are highly suspect.

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.