Hi,

The CORE-CM seminar this week is:

March 28: Alison Walker

Department of Physics, University of Bath, UK
"
Linking morphology and performance in nanostructured organic and hybrid solar cells"
The abstract is below

BPS 1400 at 12:00pm,
Pizza and cookies available at 11:45am

Phil  Duxbury
Full seminar list is at:
http://www.pa.msu.edu/cmp/CORE-CM/SeminarSpring2013.html

Linking morphology and performance in nanostructured organic and hybrid solar cells

Alison Walker, Department of Physics, University of Bath, UK

I will show how the kinetic Monte Carlo technique I have developed has been used to model organic solar cell current-voltage-illumination characteristics for rod, blend and gyroid morphologies. I will also describe electrical transport modelling of dye-sensitized cells, DSC (electrolyte and solid state), and for water splitting. In this case I have shown how to predict impedance measurements from a drift diffusion model, looked at coupled electron-ion transport in dye-sensitized cells, and generalized these models to look at water-splitting cells using mesoporous electrodes.