Sorry for cross postings!
Share widely!

Fizzzzmah!

Hey there everyone!

I just wanted to share a few resources for you on the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).

So you may already know that there are new proposed rules for FSMA. These can affect all producers, so take a look at the following resources to learn more about how they might affect you and how you can get involved in making sure congress hears from the small, beginning, and family producers and on-farm processors!

I'm not the best person to answer questions about FSMA - but if you have some and happen to send them my way, I'll do my best to find some answers.

1. START HERE: NSAC's brief info on FSMA
Family Farms, Local Food, and the New Proposed Federal Food Safety Regulations:  What do They Mean for Farmers and On-Farm Processors?
http://sustainableagriculture.net/fsma/
Check here to see all blog posts in the category "food safety": http://sustainableagriculture.net/category/food-safety/

2. Michigan Food Hub Network FSMA Webinar (in Two Parts) - Thanks to the MSU Center for Regional Food Systems for providing this!
Part I: Introduction and overview of the Food Safety Modernization Act and the current FDA proposed rules
https://connect.msu.edu/p9p5mzjjjg1/

Part II: A) Michigan SAFE Food Risk Assessment Tool; B) Helping very small Michigan farmers comply with food safety standards; C) Potential for Group Gap to be piloted in Michigan
https://connect.msu.edu/p9fl3cwed4f/

3. You can start reading!
The full rule is available in its entirety here.
Here is the overview: http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/FSMA/ucm334120.htm

Best wishes,

Lindsey Scalera
Michigan Voices for Good Food Policy
Grassroots Organizer
734-646-2428
Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on Facebook!

Sign Up for Action Alerts
National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition

If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html