For anyone who is working on scholarship around online courses or MOOCs.

Subject: Call for submissions - eLearning papers issue on MOOCs and Beyond - Deadline April 8th

We are contacting you to inform you about a call for contributions from eLearning Papers which, given your field of expertise, might be of interest to you and your colleagues.

We are currently welcoming submissions which address the challenges and future of Massive Open Online Courses, a trend in education that has skyrocketed since 2008. Issue 33, MOOCs and Beyond, seeks to both generate debate, and coalesce a variety of critical perspectives into a fruitful body of research.

Some suggested focus areas are listed below:

- Experiences speaking to the design, implementation or assessment of a MOOC.

- Empirical evaluation of MOOCs.

- The impact of MOOCs within Higher Education.

- Learning analytics and MOOCs.

- Peer-to-peer learning and MOOCs.

- Analyses of the impact and reach of MOOCs – considering course completion, global recognition.

- Challenging the MOOC concept: how “massive” is massive, how “open” is open?

- Possible MOOC off-line elements. Should we be talking about MOOLEs (Massive Open Online Learning Environments) and MOOLCs (Massive Open Online Learning Communities) instead?

- Design patterns and principles of MOOCs.

I would appreciate it if you could disseminate the  Call for Submissions - MOOCs amongst your contacts and colleagues so that we receive as many articles as possible until the deadline, April 8th 2013.

Kind regards,

Laia Canals
Chief Editor
eLearning Papers
Held by P.A.U. Education
Muntaner, 262, 3rd, 08021 Barcelona Spain
Tel: (34) 933 670 407

www.elearningpapers.eu
www.elearningeuropa.info

If you do not wish to receive any more emails from this address, please click unsubscribe .

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Director for Educational Research - Center for Integrative Studies in General Science
Michigan State University
288 Farm Lane, 206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
https://www.msu.edu/~libarkin

Affiliations: Center for Integrative Studies in General Science, Department of Geological Sciences, Cognitive Science Program, Environmental Science and Policy Program