For anyone who is working on scholarship around online courses or MOOCs.

> Subject: Call for submissions - eLearning papers issue on MOOCs and Beyond - Deadline April 8th
>

> We are contacting you to inform you about a call for contributions from eLearning Papers which, given your field of expertise, might be of interest to you and your colleagues.
>
> We are currently welcoming submissions which address the challenges and future of Massive Open Online Courses, a trend in education that has skyrocketed since 2008. Issue 33, MOOCs and Beyond, seeks to both generate debate, and coalesce a variety of critical perspectives into a fruitful body of research.
>
> Some suggested focus areas are listed below:
>
> - Experiences speaking to the design, implementation or assessment of a MOOC.
>
> - Empirical evaluation of MOOCs.
>
> - The impact of MOOCs within Higher Education.
>
> - Learning analytics and MOOCs.
>
> - Peer-to-peer learning and MOOCs.
>
> - Analyses of the impact and reach of MOOCs – considering course completion, global recognition.
>
> - Challenging the MOOC concept: how “massive” is massive, how “open” is open?
>
> - Possible MOOC off-line elements. Should we be talking about MOOLEs (Massive Open Online Learning Environments) and MOOLCs (Massive Open Online Learning Communities) instead?
>
> - Design patterns and principles of MOOCs.
>
> I would appreciate it if you could disseminate the  Call for Submissions - MOOCs amongst your contacts and colleagues so that we receive as many articles as possible until the deadline, April 8th 2013.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Laia Canals
> Chief Editor
> eLearning Papers
> Held by P.A.U. Education
> Muntaner, 262, 3rd, 08021 Barcelona Spain
> Tel: (34) 933 670 407

> www.elearningpapers.eu
> www.elearningeuropa.info
>
> If you do not wish to receive any more emails from this address, please click unsubscribe .

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Director for Educational Research - Center for Integrative Studies in General Science
Michigan State University
288 Farm Lane, 206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
https://www.msu.edu/~libarkin

Affiliations: Center for Integrative Studies in General Science, Department of Geological Sciences, Cognitive Science Program, Environmental Science and Policy Program