[GBF2013.gif]Dear AIB Colleagues,

Our 7th Annual Global Business Forum at Baylor University (Waco, Texas) will run during the week after our Spring Break, March 18-22, 2013, and our theme will be Emerging Africa: Poverty Reduction and Wealth Creation. Our speakers will include:

v  Chantal Accrombessy, Ecobank Benin (largest bank network in Africa)

v  Moses Acquaah, U. of North Carolina at Greensboro

v  Cynthia Akuetteh, U.S. Department of State, Bureau of African Affairs

v  John M. Andersen, U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration

v  Constant D. Beugré, Delaware State U.

v  Stephen Hayes, CEO of Corporate Council on Africa

v  Eileen Kwesiga, Bryant U.

v  Vijay Mahajan, U. of Texas at Austin & author, "Africa Rising"

v  John Mukum Mbaku, Weber State U. & Brookings Institution

v  Isaac M. Mbiti, Southern Methodist U.

v  Megan Rapp, U.S. Agency for International Development

v  David Zoogah, Morgan State U.

See the Forum website for a full schedule, information about speakers, updates, and, later, for videos: http://www.baylor.edu/globalbusiness

All of the events are free and we hope that some of you will join us, but please register here<http://www.baylor.edu/business/globalbusinessforum/index.php?id=94262> if you will attend the keynote dinner on Wednesday, March 20, and/or the luncheon on Thursday, March 21, where seating is limited. All events will be held in the Blume Conference Center on the 5th floor of the Cashion building, located here<http://goo.gl/maps/ubdSK> on the Baylor Waco campus.

Please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> (phone 254-710-6048) or me if you have questions.

Best wishes,

Steve Gardner
Herman Brown Professor of Economics
Chairman, Department of Economics
Director, McBride Center for International Business
Baylor University

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.