Dear Colleagues:

I would like to invite you contribute a chapter to a volume on Open Innovation through Strategic Alliances. Please find more information about it below or contact me if you wish to explore further. Thank you very much for your collaboration.

A Call for Book Chapters
OPEN INNOVATION THROUGH STRATEGIC ALLIANCES

Refik Culpan, Ph.D. (Editor)
Pennsylvania State University at Harrisburg
Middletown, PA 17057, USA
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 717 948 6166

INTRODUCTION

Since Henry Chesbrough coined the term “open innovation” and introduced it as imperative for creating and profiting from technology in 2006, there has been growing recognition of open innovation business models among academicians and business managers. Consequently, publications on the exploration, application, and assessment of open innovation have spurred in recent years. There is almost consensus among scholars and practitioners that open innovation provides firms with leverage of knowledge expansion resulting in competitive advantages and above-average returns. One of the major means of achieving open innovation has been strategic alliances between firms, and between firms and research institutions. This edited volume will contribute to our understanding of open innovation through strategic alliances by demonstrating its principal forms, issues, and challenges in different industries, and in national and international contexts.

TENTATIVE TABLE OF CONTENT (suggested topics, but not limited to those listed below).
· Open Innovation Business Models and the Role of Strategic Alliances (already authored by the editor)
· Theoretical Foundations of Open Innovation and its Connection to Strategic Alliances
· Open Innovation through Joint Ventures
· Open Innovation through R&D Partnerships
· Open Innovation through Organizational Networks
· Open Innovation through Collaborative Community of Firms
· Business-University Collaboration for Innovation
· Strategic Alliances for Open Innovation in Specific Industries 1 (to be named)
· Strategic Alliances for Open Innovation in Specific Industries 2 (to be named)
· Strategic Alliances for Open Innovation in a Global Context
· Building and Managing Trust between the Partners for Open Innovation
· Challenges and Prospects of Strategic Alliances for Open Innovation

IMPORTANT DATES:
April 30, 2013 Submission of an abstract of the manuscript
June 30, 2013 Submission of the completed manuscript
July 15, 2013 Submission of revision of the manuscript, if it is necessary
I hope that you will find this volume a suitable outlet for your scholarly work on this popular topic.

Best regards,

Prof. Refik Culpan
Penn State University at Harrisburg, USA

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.