For many years I have found the Caps Lock key to most evil key on my computer.  There is no reason why this key should appear on a modern computer. In modern times this key is useless. We simply do not type in all caps, for decades we do not.  I would say it is useless since the 1980s, maybe the 1970s.  We live in 2013, the 21st century, with a key that gets in the way every day, that not only serves no purpose, but in fact gets in the way.

There is a registry hack that disables this Caps Lock key on Windows, or re-maps it.  How do you inform your users how to disable Caps Lock?  Why do Windows PCs even have the Caps Lock key?

Do you do anything to disable this key for fleet PCs that you deploy?  Do you advise end users how to disable the Caps Lock key, an artifact of the 1950s?

What specific advice do you give your users?

How have you contacted Microsoft and PC manufacturers with advice and concern?

/rich