Spiceworks here. I can’t say how great it is. We use it for our help desk, keeping track of toner levels, devices coming and going on the network, asset management, remote support,  and a TON of other features. Like Oscar if you would like to see it let me know. It’s really a great product.

From: Oscar Castaneda [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 10:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] What Works? (Helpdesk, Patching, Remote Support)

I use Spiceworks. I really like it. And it is free.
If you ever want to see it at work, stop by and I will happy to sow it to you.

oscar

On 2/25/2013 10:34 AM, Shaun Leininger wrote:

I’m interested in adding some services (Helpdesk, Remote Support, Patch Deployment, Asset Management) to my department, and would love to hear what’s working for other groups.

What are you using? Do you like it? Did you do get the license terms approved or negotiated? Any security issues you had to solve? Did you negotiate any special educational pricing?

For example, these are the services I’m investigating:

                Helpdesk: Zendesk, Spiceworks

                Remote Support: LogMeIn, TeamViewer, ScreenConnect

                Patch Deployment: WSUS, NinitePro

                Asset Management: Spiceworks

Any thoughts?

Shaun Leininger