I should have clarified - such messages will have a subject line that states:

MSU NetIDs, email, AFS space for affiliates

/L

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] MSU NetID expiration message.
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 12:11:58 -0500
From: Leo Sell <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

On 2/11/13 11:33 AM, John Resotko wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
I've gotten messages from several users who infrequently use their MSU email account, asking if this is a legitimate message or a phishing attempt.  Has anyone else seen this, and are these official messages from MSU IT Services?
The primary calls we are getting at this point do seem to be related to NetIDs that are floating around that should be on a billed-for status and are not.

As has already been pointed out, if a (forwarded) recipient receives the message, they need to look at the full headers or MIME headers to determine the intended recipient and then deal with the need for the billing accordingly.

/L

--
Leo Sell
IT Services