Without knowing the recommendation from IT Services regarding JRE 6 for DocViewer I installed JRE 7 on a Windows 7 computer for a user that uses DocViewer on a periodic basis for a limited set of reports that she cannot get from EBS or anywhere else.

FYI: Her computer has had Java 7 Update 7 since October without any problems with DocViewer.

-Stefan