I would like to welcome a new Americorps VISTA member to our Michigan GEAR UP Team.  Asma Peracha will be assisting with statewide Michigan GEAR UP Initiatives such as financial literacy curriculum implementation, Michigan Education Trust (MET) awards roll-out, and our pilot Workforce Development Program.  Asma will share her time between our Lansing office and our Michigan GEAR UP partner, the University of Michigan School of Social Work (UJM-SSW).  Her planned schedule will have her in Lansing on Monday and Friday, and at the UM-SSW office in the University of Michigan Detroit Center on Tuesday through Thursday.

Asma is a recent graduate of the University of Michigan.  Her experience with educational outreach to at-risk youth, volunteering, and advocacy will enable her to immediately have a significant impact on our youth programs and strategies.

Rudy Redmond

Manager

KCP Initiative

201 N. Washington | Victor Office Center, 2nd Floor | Lansing, MI 48913 | (517) 373-9700

http://www.michigan.org
http://www.michiganadvantage.org
[log in to unmask]" alt="Description: Description: cid:072334411@04102011-3014">
http://www.facebook.com/MIAdvantage
http://www.facebook.com/PureMichigan.org

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this message for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message.  If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message.  Thank you very much.