Dear Colleagues,

I have one little query relating to the value of book chapters in the assessment of research outputs for faculty members/ academic researchers. Does this really count? If it does, can anyone suggest/ advise on what does and what doesn't count as a research output especially going by the REF in the UK and Tenure in the US as well as whatever else is used by other regions/ countries such as Canada, Australia, the rest of Europe and South Africa (which, I think relies on the IBSS listing) amongst others.

Your advice is much anticipated and appreciated.

Sincerely,

Nnamdi O. Madichie
University of Sharjah, UAE
www.sharjah.ac.ae