Dear Colleagues,

I trust the spring semester is going well.  I want to share information regarding the 4th Global Management Institute (focused on emerging markets) at American University’s Kogod School of Business.

The one week institute (which It is open to graduate students and other  professionals), combines presentations, guest lectures and panel discussions shared by experts from the business and diplomatic communities  in the Nation’s Capital.  We integrate visits to international organizations located in Washington, D.C.  Past visits have included the Inter-American Development Bank, The Corporate Council on Africa, and various embassies.

Students and professionals from across the nation and abroad will be provided with a unique opportunity to discuss issues related to the world of business with a focus on emerging markets.   The module topics are  listed below.  We close the week with an interesting business  case competition among the participants.

·         Introduction to Globalization and Emerging Markets

·         Entrepreneurial Strategic Leadership for SMEs

·         Global R&D and Technology Transfer in Emerging Economies

·         Sovereign Wealth Funds and Project Finance

·         Managing Risk in Emerging Markets

·         The Global Supply Chain and Emerging Markets

·         BRIC in 2050: A New Economic & Political Order

·         Corporate Responsibility in Emerging Markets

Graduate students will earn 3 credit hours, while professionals/executives will earn a certificate of completion.  Attached is a rack card for your review and dissemination to other interested parties.

Please visit us at: kogod.american.edu/KGMI, and join us during the period  May 12-May 18, 2013.

Also, for further questions, please call Ms. Jolie Roetter, Director of Global Learning at 202-885-1940, email us at: [log in to unmask] , or contact me directly at: [log in to unmask]

Looking forward to seeing you in Washington, D.C.

Regards,

Ghiyath Nakshbendi, Ph.D.

Executive-in-Residence, International Business Dept.

Director, Kogod Global Management Institute

Kogod School of Business, American University, Washington, D.C.

Mobile: 240-476-3006, email: [log in to unmask]

http://www.american.edu/kogod/faculty/nakshben.cfm

Skype: gnakshbendi

kogod.american.edu/KGMI

NOTICE: This transmission (including the attachments)  is intended solely for the above identified person(s). Privileged and or confidential information may be contained in this  communication. If for any reason this communication is sent or delivered to any other person(s), there is no intent to waive any privileges or confidences contained herein. If this communication is received by anyone other than the intended recipient please email the sender so that immediate arrangements can be made for the return or destruction of this communication.