General rule with Apple gear: It works great for personal use, but no-so-much in managed/enterprise environments.

-Steve Bogdanski

>>> "Kramer, Jack" <[log in to unmask]> 1/8/2013 3:55 PM >>>
As many others have said, it's because broadcasts are disabled on MSUNet Wireless. You'll need your own APs to have it work.

----
Jack Kramer
Manager of Information Technology
Communications and Brand Strategy
Michigan State University
w: 517-884-1231 / c: 248-635-4955

From: <Hoort>, Brian <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 2:09 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [MSUNAG] AirPrint on MSUNet 3.0

Naggers:

We’ve got our first AirPrint (Apple) compatible printer and while we can get it work on an independent wifi router we use for testing, we can’t get it to work on MSUNet 3.0.  Has anyone else tried this?  I hope to learn from your experience prior to bothering IT Services.

Happy New Year!

Brian Hoort

College of Agriculture and Natural Resources

Technology Services Helpdesk

Michigan State University

Helpline: (517) 355-3776

http://support.anr.msu.edu