Dear Colleague:

We invite you and/or a colleague to apply for the Faculty Development in International Entrepreneurship (FDIE) program, to be held on June 30 to July 3, 2013 in Istanbul, Turkey, immediately preceding the Annual AIB Meeting.

Colorado CIBER is hosting this program with the assistance of Özyeğin University in Istanbul, in response to the growing interest among faculty to teach international business from an entrepreneurial perspective.  The program will:

·         Highlight the pedagogy for teaching international entrepreneurship, facilitating the internationalization of an existing entrepreneurship course or the teaching of international business from an entrepreneurial perspective

·         Provide a framework for important international entrepreneurship concepts

·         Identify available teaching and research resources

·         Provide opportunities to network with colleagues who share similar research interests in international entrepreneurship

·         Feature site visits to select Turkish businesses involved in international entrepreneurship

The FDIE features two international entrepreneurship scholars and researchers to share their expertise and strategies: Patricia P. McDougall, Professor of Entrepreneurship, Indiana University; and Walter Kuemmerle, formerly Associate Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School.  It also features Tarek Hatem, Professor of Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship, American University in Cairo, to address entrepreneurship in Turkey and the Middle East.

We are pleased to offer a limited number of $300 scholarships, reducing the $1600 program fee to $1300.  Scholarships are available until April 15, 2013.

To obtain additional information or to register for the program, please visit:http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/InternationalPrograms/CIBER/ForFaculty/Pages/FDIE.aspx.

We welcome your participation in the 2013 FDIE program.

Sincerely,

Serapio Signature.jpg

Manuel Serapio, PhD

Faculty Director