Dear colleagues,
This is a final call for International Business and International Management related submissions to the EURAM 2013 in Istanbul. Apologies for cross postings. Deadline is 15 January 2013, 2:00 p.m. Brussels time (see calls at http://www.euram2013.com/r/default.asp?iId=FHDJHL). As you may have noticed, the upcoming EURAM conference is held in Istanbul from 26th to 29th June, followed by the AIB Annual Meeting from 3rd to 6th July. This 'constellation' might allow maximising your research dissemination while in Turkey. I encourage you to submit your work.
As all submitted work will be subject to a double-blind review process, you might benefit from the reviewers' comments in further developing and improving your work. As we expect a healthy number of submissions and might need additional reviewers, I also invite you to support the SIG International Management as a reviewer for this year's conference. We have recently redesigned the reviewer templates which should allow a smooth and convenient review procedure. Please let me know if I could count on you by a quick reply to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
Find the full information on the conference at www.euram2013.com<http://www.euram2013.com> and the call for the SIG International Management below. Please forward this email to other colleagues who might find this interesting.
I'm looking forward to seeing you in Istanbul.
Kind regards,

Markus G Kittler
Chair, SIG International Management
===

SIG International Management: General Track 38 - Call for Papers

Track Chairs:

Markus G Kittler (Org. Coordinator)
Stirling Management School

Rian Drogendijk
Uppsala University

Niels Noorderhaven
Tilburg University

Abstract:

A decade ago, Peter Buckley asked in JIBS whether the international business research agenda was running out of steam identifying past 'big questions' stemming from developments in the world economy but also a lack of those questions for the new millennium (Buckley, 2002). He later suggests, as an example, that the processes of globalization could be such a 'big question' (Buckley and Ghauri, 2004) while other authors simply point out the central importance of the generic question on what determines the success and failure of firms at an international level (Peng, 2004). Related to this overarching question, we invite papers both on more traditional and on emerging themes in International Management. Following up frequently discussed issues in the scholarly IM-discourse (e.g., Griffith, Cavusgil, and Xu, 2008) potential areas of interest are:

 *   Business dynamics and strategy
Empirical and conceptual papers looking at entry modes, exporting, the internationalisation process, knowledge management, joint ventures and subsidiary roles.
 *   Functional perspectives
Empirical and conceptual papers on business functions such as IHRM, International Marketing, global sourcing and supply chain management.
 *   Culture, conflicts, and cognition
Empirical and conceptual papers on the role of culture for General Management or other aspects such as entry modes or joint ventures. We are also interested in discussions on the validity of frequently applied conceptualizations of culture (e.g., Kittler et al, 2011).
 *   Economics and other environmental impact on IB (et vice versa).
In line with the conference theme, we particularly (but not exclusively) invite contributions which draw a link between IB and democracy and/or other facets of the environment.
While not attempting to provide a comprehensive list, examples of other fascinating themes of the first decade in the new millennium are Mathews' (2006) quest for a distinction between incumbents and challengers and a focus on developing country MNCs or the cross-pollination with other fields stimulated by multi-disciplinary studies.
Following up the discussion in our plenary session at EURAM 2012 in Rotterdam, we also plan a set of focussed sessions on the following two topics to which we particularly invite submissions:

 *   Corporate Social Responsibility and IM
The large scale and potential societal and environmental impact of MNCs have refreshed IM scholars' interest in CSR, governance and sustainable development and its implications of IB (Kolk and Van Tulder, 2010). In line with the EURAM 2013 theme the social contract between large international firms and society could be scrutinized. For a set of focussed sessions on CSR and IM we invite scholarly contributions on recent issues of CSR in an increasingly global environment. Examples are moral challenges of global capitalism (Dunning, 2005), the convergence of CSR across countries (Chen and Bouvain, 2009), comparative studies as well as corporate engagement across geographic or cultural distances.
 *   Critical Perspectives on International Business
Focussed sessions in this area welcome critical contributions and particularly papers elaborating on the possible future trajectories of critical perspectives on international business (Roberts and Dörrenbächer, 2012). Potential contributions could be seen in various attempts to strip off "the enormous baggage that the field carries in the form of functionalist positivism" and follow Jack et al's (2008) quest for alternative theoretical representations and the articulation of explicit concerns with issues of power and ideology in the academic theorization of IM and organization.
To conclude, the general track is open to all scholarly submissions clearly linked to International Business and Management. Accepted submissions to our general call for papers will be grouped into sessions of related papers. A small selection of high quality papers will be invited to finalise a special issue at International Studies of Management & Organizations. In addition to the general track, potential contributors should also consult the CFPs of the other tracks within the SIG International Management prior to submission.

Info on other SIG tracks: In addition to this General Track, the SIG IM provides additional tracks and has issued CFPs dealing particularly with (a) expatriate management and global mobility (including an Emerald Best Paper Award and an invitation of best papers for publication in the Journal of Global Mobility), (b) small businesses and entrepreneurial activity at an international level (including a selection of best papers for a special issue at the Journal of Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship) and (c) IB-submissions with a regional focus on Africa. There is also a joint track with the SIG Knowledge and Learning plus a DWG on self-initiated expatriation. Submissions that fit better with the CFPs of these tracks should be submitted there.