Al:

In my professional opinion…  You can pay for 3rd party software to do it or you can do it for free in about 29 complicated and convoluted steps, using 3 to 7 free pieces of software that you’ll never use again.  I have never used any paid software to do the transfer, but there are a lot of inexpensive options out there.

MoveMyEmail is supposed to be a good one for $20, but that only works if you have Outlook for Mac installed on the machine.

If she’s using Entourage, Microsoft does make a tool for converting PST files for use with Entourage.  Just search Microsoft for “PST Import Tool for Entourage”  (My suggestion… DON’T use Entourage…)

Outlook 2 Mac is only $15 and claims to transfer all data - mail, contacts, calendar - to the OS X mail, address book and calendar apps.  Again, I’ve never used it, but I’ve read a lot of pretty good reviews about it.

There is one other way, depending on if it’s only mail that they need / want.  You can connect Mac Mail to the Exchange account and copy mail/folders over to the On My Computer folder in Mac Mail.  Once that’s done, you can delete the Exchange mail account.  I’ve done that in the past.  But if she has a desktop at home, that could be a pain.

-dak

Dak Aldrich

Michigan State University

Physical Plant Division Support