Begin forwarded message:

From: "Vacher, Len" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FW: positions at USF
Date: 17 December 2012 16:27:35 MST
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>, "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "Vacher, Len" <[log in to unmask]>

The SNSM (School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, which includes six departments, including Geology, in the College of Arts and Science) is opening a search for ten new tenure-track faculty, four in discipline-specific education research to support the SNSM science/math education interdisciplinary cluster and six in theory/computational science and/or math/stats modeling  to support the SNSM biomedical sciences, global change science, or materials science interdisciplinary clusters.  Please see the information in the links at http://sciences.cas.usf.edu/careers/ -- the “STEM Advertisement” is for the four positions to build up the science/math education cluster; the “Computational Advertisement” is for the six positions in theory/computational science and/or math/stats modeling.  People interested in applying will note that, in addition to the normal application materials, we are requesting that applicants produce what amounts to an executive summary by answering three pointed questions, each in 300 words or less.  That is because we are expecting that each of the two multidisciplinary search committees (one for the four positions, and the other for the six positions) will be dealing with a huge number of applications.  I am writing you because of our mutual interest in science/math education, but I am hoping you will make others aware of the computational sciences/modeling positions as well.

We need applications by Jan 4.

Thank you very much.
Best wishes,
Len Vacher