If you are teaching International Business, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Cross-Cultural Management or related courses, X-Culture is accepting applications for the early 2013 season.

The idea is very simple: X-Culture is an experiential learning project. We team up students from around the world and they work on a term project in global virtual teams (7 students, 7 countries). Our data show that X-Culture enhances learning, improves cultural intelligence, increases interest in cross-cultural interactions and improves course/instructor evaluations.

The project is designed to give students an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in cross-cultural collaboration. It is also an excellent platform for research (longitudinal multi-level multi-source data collected) and professional and inter-institutional collaboration.

About 2,000 from 40+ universities in 30+ countries participate in X-Culture in a given semester (roughly 30% MBA/EMBA, 70% UG).

We provide all the materials and administrative support; you do what instructors do in any team project: answer emails, grade team reports, etc.

Universities participate for free, but the application process is highly competitive with acceptance rate ranging from 30 to 70%, depending on the region, with priority given to under-represented regions.

The schedule will be finalized when we have the final list of participants and their semester start/end dates. We will likely have two tracks: “early” from mid-January through March, and “late” from early March through early May.

English is the working language. Students who do not speak English may be able to participate under special arrangements – contact us for details.

Detailed information about the project can be found at www.X-Culture.org

Please apply at: https://uncg.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_a4CxtDdoWK5DvaQ

Application deadline: December 15, 2012 (5 pm New York time).

Sincerely,

Vas Taras, PhD

X-Culture Project Coordinator

University of North Carolina at Greensboro

POB 26165, Greensboro, NC 27402-6165

336-256-8611

www.vtaras.com