I am grateful if you would kindly distribute the following announcement of positions to AIB colleagues.
With warm regards,
Professor, Doshisha University
Announcement of Positions
The Global MBA Program (GMBA) of Doshisha University is actively looking to fill various faculty positions at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor level in following areas (or some combination of these areas):
Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior
Sustainable or “Green” Business
Culture and Creativity
International Finance and Economics
Innovation and Technology Transfer
Of the positions, some will be tenured positions and the others will be 5-year fixed term positions . For all positions, the mandatory retirement age is 65.
The start dates are October 1, 2013 or April 1, 2014.
The qualifications and important requirements for successful candidates, in addition to area expertise, are:
1. Ph.D. (or in process of getting a Ph.D.)
2. Internationally recognized or international level research record.
3. Track record or ability to teach in an international MBA program in English in an interactive manner.
4. Team player.
5. Willing to contribute to administration and program development of the business school and the Global MBA program, in addition to teaching and research.
6. Business background or education (e.g., MBA) is preferred.
7. Experience in an international business school, preferably in a teaching position is preferred.
8. Japanese ability is not a requirement, but is preferred.
9. A person who can reside in Kyoto and come to the business school regularly.
10. A person who can appreciate the value of diversity.
11. A person who has a global perspective and understands the Asian business context
12. A person who understands and believes in the social responsibility of business
13. A person who actively engages with students and cares strongly about their growth.
1. CV (in required format, one original and 2 copies)
2. Research record (in required format), 3 copies
3. Syllabus of a course to be taught (details to be provided)
4. Summary of five representative samples of research outputs (300 words per item)
5. Copies of all research papers and other research output
Application Deadline: January 31, 2013 (must be received by this date)
Selection Process: Review of documents, interview and sample lecture
For interview candidates, a travel allowance of 50,000 yen (domestic) or 200,000 yen (international) is provided. Please provide receipts. First and business class travel not covered. No travel allowance provided for candidates from the Kinki region. No accommodation allowance will be provided.
Candidates will be notified of the results of the selection process by letter.
Please submit your application materials to:
Prof. Noriko Hama, Dean
Doshisha Business School
Karasuma Imadegawa Higashi-iru
Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture
by registered mail or courier.
In principle, application materials will not be returned. After the selection, Doshisha Business School will be responsible for disposing of materials. If you would like your application materials to be returned to you, please provide a self-addressed envelope with postage.
The information provided for this selection process will not be used for any other purposes, in compliance with Japanese privacy protection laws.