Call for Papers
11th Chemnitz East Forum
“Corporate Governance in Central and Eastern Europe”
11 – 13 September 2013
The Chemnitz East Forum provides a platform for researchers studying
organizational processes in transformational contexts of Central and
East European (CEE)
countries. The 11th Eastforum Chemnitz will particularly address the
issue of corporate
We would like to invite research papers exploring different aspects
of corporate governance with
respect to CEE countries. We welcome theory-based empirical studies,
grounded in any
methodological tradition (qualitative as well as quantitative),
conceptual contributions or papers
dealing with methodological issues or questions.
Papers may deal with (but are not limited to) the following topics:
- Corporate governance models and practices in CEE countries
- Transfer of governance models from West and East and vice versa
- Corporate governance and industrial relations in the CEE context
- Ownership and control of CEE companies
- CEE companies: democracies or oligarchies?
- Democratic vs. oligarchic organizational cultures
- Specific contexts of corporate governance in CEE countries (f.e.
governance of family
business, public and non profit organizations, cooperatives)
- Top Management Teams and Business Elites in post-transformational
- Women on top management teams and boards of CEE companies
Please note that there will be a special stream “GLOBE research in
CEE countries: national
culture, leadership and future leaders”.
We particularly encourage young researchers and PhD students to
submit their papers. Selected
papers submitted to the conference will be invited for publication
in a special issue of the Journal for East European Management
The conference fee is 150 Euro. As far as possible, participants
from East European countries will
have the conference fee refunded.
Please send an extended abstract (up to 1,500 words) (in doc or pdf)
via email to:
[log in to unmask]. Abstracts should contain
the author(s) name(s), title and position, institution as well as
e-mail address. Submissions must be received by 30 April 2013.
Authors will be notified of acceptance by 31 May 2013. In case of
acceptance, authors will be asked to submit a full paper by 31 July
For further information please visit the conference homepage at