Hello!

Does anyone have any experience with Drobo storage arrays?  I’m looking at the 4-bay unit for home use, specifically for media serving purposes.  From the various sites I’ve looked at, the reviews seem very mixed and people seem to either love or hate them.  Some have mentioned the chassis rejecting drives over and over, even when they’re good drives that work in other machines.  Also many of the negative reviews mention very poor speeds for both reading AND writing.  Since I’m using this to serve media like .m4v files to an Apple TV, speed is sort of important because it will be reading directly from the array.

Any advice is appreciated J

Jon

Jon Galbreath, MCSE

Systems Administrator