Please share widely!

Hello Everyone,

Finally, the endless campaigns are over and Congress is back on Capitol Hill!

Now let’s make sure that a bill that...

Invests in healthy farms, food, and people...
Protects our precious air, soil, and water...
Supports beginning & minority farmers,  and...
Reforms  farm subsidies and levels the playing field

is on the list of priorities for the lame duck session.

We are encouraging all supporters to join the National Farm Bill Day of Action TODAY.

Your two-minute call to Congress will join thousands of others from around the country, pushing for programs farmers need, such as the highly successful Farmers Market and Promotion Program, Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program, and a number of  Conservation Programs - each of which have major impact and implications for Michigan's food system.

Join us today in driving that message home with a quick call to your representative!

Making a call is simple and takes only moments

http://bit.ly/betterfarmbill

Make one call today (and ask one friend to join you!), and together, we can make sure that Congress finishes their work on a 2012 Farm Bill!

There is too much at stake to let political squabbling get in the way – we need to ensure better support for beginning farmers, and that means making sure that the Farm Bill is a priority on the agenda.

Click here for details and the call-in number.  Your voice counts – make sure Congress acts before the year is out!

Thank you all so much for everything you do for Michigan communities!

Best wishes,

Lindsey Scalera
Michigan Voices for Good Food Policy
Grassroots Organizer
734-646-2428

Sign-on to NSAC's Farm Bill Platform
http://bit.ly/2012FarmBillSignOn

National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition
www.sustainableagriculture.net

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html