*MICHIGAN ORGANIC FOOD AND FARM ALLIANCE 20th** ANNIVERSARY EVENT  *
*Saturday November 10th, 2012-8 am to 9 pm at the Sarvis Center in Flint, MI
*
*
*
Michigan Organic Farming Alliance  will be hosting a 20th anniversary event
on *November 10, 2012 *with an educational morning session, afternoon
strategic planning and early evening  joyous celebration at the Sarvis
Center in Flint, MI.  The theme of this event is *“Bridging the Gap:
Michigan Organic Celebration, Conversation and Collaboration.”  *The
ultimate goal of this event is to bring together MOFFA members, and all
within the organic community, to forge a consensus on a future path for
MOFFA.  Together we will identify and prioritize the needs of our
constituents through a facilitated discussion.  There is a tremendous need
to build greater collaboration in the sustainable farming community.  Only
by bringing together our rich diversity and the many unique perspectives of
our multi-generational growers can we determine effective methods and ideas
to address the challenges we face within the food system and for our
organization.  The anniversary event will be dedicated to the memory of
Susan Houghton –longtime organic teacher, friend and activist who sadly
passed this spring.

The program will include educational/dialogue sessions that are both chosen
and led by our partner organizations in Flint, focused on production and
marketing approaches relevant to urban farmers, but also very applicable to
all growers.   Michigan organic farmers will present our keynote address
relating their experiences*, challenges and insights.  A conversation with
all attendees will follow.  We encourage you to join us and share your
perspectives and ideas for MOFFA. A delicious local-organic dinner will be
offered in the late afternoon, sharing important events from the past year
and a chance to catch up with old and new friends.** * We invite you to
continue our celebration with a Taste of Michigan social event – with food,
beverages and live music to capture the essence of the day. In an effort to
make this day accessible to all, the cost for the entire day is $25.00.

NOTICE-Students receive FREE registration-email Stephen Arelllano (

Click here to register for the MOFFA event today!<http://moffa.eventbrite.com/>

Click here for more information and agenda for the event.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uHNzWagaE93bYIFv_bw_to7CCyD4SUUzUHbu-ILARoM/edit>

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html