From: Murtha, Tom [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Subject: CFP: Industry Studies Association 2013 Conference

Dear AIB Colleagues,

As president of the Industry Studies Association, I would like to extend a special invitation to you to submit an abstract to the 2013 Industry Studies Association Annual Conference, which will be held in Kansas City at the Kauffman Foundation from May 28-31.  The submissions deadline is December 10, 2012.  Please follow this link for further information:

http://www.industrystudies.pitt.edu/kansascity13/

This year we will also inaugurate a "Rising Stars" best paper competition targeted at untenured faculty members as well as doctoral students doing industry-specific research.  Details for that follow my signature block.  Consideration for this award requires submission of a completed paper, but the deadline falls somewhat later on January 16, 2013.

I hope you will consider attending the conference.  It's a great opportunity to interact with a truly multidisciplinary group of scholars from both the social and hard sciences, who share an interest in industry-centered and field-based research.  The venue also offers an extraordinary opportunity, I think, to interact with potential research funders.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about ISA or the conference.

Best regards,

Tom

Tom Murtha

Professor of Marketing and International Business

Eli Broad College of Business

Michigan State University

North Business Complex

632 Bogue St., Rm. N342

East Lansing MI 48824

Mobile and voicemail: +1 612 963 7749 (preferred)

Office: +1 517 432 6424

Fax: please inquire

Email: [log in to unmask]

Dear Colleagues,

This year the Industry Studies Association will be running an inaugural "Rising Stars" Best Paper Competition.

Junior (untenured) faculty are invited submit one paper  to which they have made a significant contribution to be considered for the "Rising Stars" competition. The paper must have at least one co-author who is an untenured faculty and must not yet be accepted for publication at the time of submission. The paper must also include an abstract of not more than 250 words.  A junior faculty may not be on more than one submitted paper.

The top three papers (a winner and two additional finalists) will be honored at the upcoming 2012 Industry Studies Association Annual Conference (to be held this year at the Kaufmann Foundation) and invited to present their work in a special session with a senior leader in the field as the guest discussant of the three papers.  Papers not chosen as winners will be considered for inclusion in the regular Industry Studies Annual Conference program.

Full papers should be submitted to [log in to unmask]  no later than 5:00pm on January 16th.  Please contact Erica Fuchs at [log in to unmask] with any questions.

Many thanks,

Industry Studies Association Early Career Development Committee
Industry Studies Association Program Committee
Industry Studies Association Award Committee
Industry Studies Association Board of Directors

Erica R.H. Fuchs
Associate Professor
Department of Engineering and Public Policy
Carnegie Mellon University
Baker Hall 131E
Tel 412 268-1877
Fax. 412 268-3757