I've been using a Dell 3130cn color laser at home for a number of years now
myself, and before that a 3100cn.  We've also had a number of 3130's in the
department here, and I'd say in general, I've been pretty happy with them
myself.  Of course, Dell's dropped that model now, I think from their
listings the C3760n/dn is the replacement.  And compared to some of the HP
color lasers I've dealt with lately, I've been happier with the Dell's.

Now, that said, I find any color laser the toner cost is something of an
issue.  Heck, the real reason I replaced the 3100 at home was that I'd used
up all the colors, and it was cheaper to buy the 3130 than it was to buy a
full set of color toner for the printer.  And now with the 3130, I'm
getting close to the same point.  (Most of my home printing is b&w, so I
don't go through the color toner that fast, so I've been replacing the
black toner, it's when I get to needing to replace color that I start
getting annoyed.)

I've been less enamored with the cheaper mono printers from Dell though.
 We've bought the 1720, 2330, and 2350 models over the years, and I find
they're generally good for 1 to 2 years before they start having problems.
 Of course, I find that a similarly priced (around $200) printer from HP
seems to have a similar life expectancy.  Maybe I'm asking too much these
days for a $200 printer to last more than 1 to 2 years?  If I could find a
model that was just a little more, that I could get more life out of it,
I'd love it.  I've been getting some grumbling from faculty about that.