Hello Colleagues –

As part of GSA special session T76 “Teaching Teachers: Examples of Successful Geoscience Content Courses and Workshops for Pre-Service and In-Service Teachers,” I am trying to collect information about Earth Science Teacher Educators.  I will be presenting a synthesis of who we are and our challenges/needs in this session.

If you have already sent me information about yourself, thank you so much!  If not, please take a few minutes to send me the following information:

·         Your name, position, and institution.

·         Your background – How did you get to be involved in Earth Science Teacher Education/Research?

·         In what ways are you involved in Earth Science Teacher Education/Research?

·         3-4 of the most important issues you face as an Earth Science Teacher Educator/Researcher.

Please forward to anyone who might be appropriate to answer these questions.  I really appreciate your time in doing this.  If you would prefer to talk with me over the phone, let me know how to contact you or give me a call at 507-457-2457.

In particular, if you are giving a talk or poster in this session, it would be great if you could send me this information.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at GSA!  Cheers – Jennifer

Jennifer L.B. Anderson, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Geoscience

Winona State University

Pasteur 128, (507) 457-2457