All:

In preparing for GSA, I have discovered that some sad news has not gotten out to the broader community. Before we head to GSA, I wanted to send an announcement to those of you who may not have heard that Iris Totten passed away in May of this year after a long battle with breast cancer. You can read her obituary here:  http://www.stewartfuneralhomes.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1491689&fh_id=10996

Iris certainly had a big impact on my own work and lab, and to quote Molly Davies: "Working with Iris was always stimulating and above all else FUN." We will be celebrating Iris' service and general contributions to the community at the Geoscience Education Division luncheon in Charlotte. I hope to see you there!

Take care,
Julie

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Director for Educational Research - Center for Integrative Studies in General Science
Michigan State University
288 Farm Lane, 206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
https://www.msu.edu/~libarkin

Affiliations: Center for Integrative Studies in General Science, Department of Geological Sciences, Cognitive Science Program, Environmental Science and Policy Program