Good afternoon –

We are seeking proposals for a 2013 Academy of Management symposium focused on the global mindset. Scholars have suggested that a global mindset is important for effective global leadership (Beechler & Javidan, 2007; Osland, Bird, Mendenhall, & Osland, 2006; Clapp-Smith, 2009), yetthere is little published empirical evidence that operationalizes the construct, defines its nomological net, or specifies boundary  conditions.

As such, we believe a symposium that brings together research focusing on these various aspects of the construct will move research forward in this area. We are seeking papers that are centered on the globalmindset, empirical in nature, highlight relationships between antecedents, dependent variables, mediators, or moderators, explore differences between it and other similar constructs, and/or define boundary conditions.

Our goal is to submit this symposium to the Academy ofManagement in January. However, in order to ensure the symposium submission is cohesive, we would like interested parties to submit a short (3-5 pages) proposal to us by November 30th, 2012. Interested parties should email [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] with their ideas and recommendations.

Thank you in advance for your interest –

Gretchen and Rachel