Good afternoon ­

We are seeking proposals for a 2013 Academy of Management symposium focused
on the global mindset. Scholars have suggested that a global mindset is
important for effective global leadership (Beechler & Javidan, 2007; Osland,
Bird, Mendenhall, & Osland, 2006; Clapp-Smith, 2009), yet there is little
published empirical evidence that operationalizes the construct, defines its
nomological net, or specifies boundary  conditions.

As such, we believe a symposium that brings together research focusing on
these various aspects of the construct will move research forward in this
area. We are seeking papers that are centered on the global mindset,
empirical in nature, highlight relationships between antecedents, dependent
variables, mediators, or moderators, explore differences between it and
other similar constructs, and/or define boundary conditions.

Our goal is to submit this symposium to the Academy of Management in
January. However, in order to ensure the symposium submission is cohesive,
we would like interested parties to submit a short (3-5 pages) proposal to
us by November 30th, 2012. Interested parties should email
[log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] with their ideas and
recommendations.

Thank you in advance for your interest ­

Gretchen and Rachel

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.