International Business Position at Sophia University

The Faculty of Liberal Arts, Sophia University, invites applications for
an open-rank   position in international business.  The candidate is
expected to have a Ph.D. in business or a closely related field in hand
at the time of appointment, a portfolio of research accomplishments, and
teaching experience.  Research interests and teaching ability in one or
more of the following areas will be considered an asset: globalization,
multinational corporations, development and international organizations.
 Practitioner experience will also be considered.

The language of instruction is English, but competence in the Japanese
language is desirable.  In our undergraduate program, the successful
candidate will teach a general course in international business as well
as specific courses in his/her fields of research.  The normal
undergraduate teaching load is two courses per semester.  The successful
candidate is also expected to teach/supervise in the International
Business and Development Studies M.A. program.  The appointment will be
effective from April 1, 2014.

Sophia University, a Catholic university founded by the Society of Jesus,
 is located in central Tokyo, and is one of Japan¢s leading private
universities.  The Faculty of Liberal Arts (formerly the Faculty of
Comparative Culture) offers a comprehensive program in the humanities,
international business and economics, and social studies.  In addition
to our degree students, we regularly welcome about 200 exchange students
from leading universities overseas.  We also staff the Graduate Program
in Global Studies, which offers degrees in Japanese Studies, Global
Studies, and International Business and Development Studies.

Applications should include a cover letter explaining research area and
interests, detailed Curriculum Vitae, the names and addresses of three
referees, and a brief description of courses the applicant will be
prepared to teach.  Applications should be postmarked by March 15, 2013
and addressed to:

    Professor Yoshitaka Okada, Dean
    Faculty of Liberal Arts
    Sophia University
    7-1 Kioi-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8554
    Japan

For further information, see our website at www.fla.sophia.ac.jp or
contact Professor Haghirian at [log in to unmask]

**********************

Dr. Parissa Haghirian
Associate Professor of International Management
Sophia University
7-1 Kioi-cho, Chiyoda-ku
Tokyo 102-8554, Japan
Phone (direct): 0081-3-3238-4038
Office phone (Secretary): 0081-3-3238-4004
Office fax: 0081-3-3238-4076
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Homepage: http://www.parissahaghirian.com
J-Management Podcasts: http://parissahaghirian.com/category/podcasts/