Everyone,
See below for a Departmental Chair position, dual appointment in Geology/Science Education at Cal State.

Chris

The Department of Science Education at California State University, Long Beach is seeking senior applicants to join our faculty as Department Chair.

The successful candidate will join five tenured Science Education faculty, one joint appointment faculty member (Science Education and Geology) and several part-time faculty members as we engage in a diverse array of instructional and research activities. The department is housed in the College of Natural Sciences & Mathematics, allowing us to work collaboratively on several undergraduate STEM education initiatives. We also work closely with colleagues in the College of Education within both elementary and secondary credentialing programs, as well as several other teacher preparation projects.  In addition to certification-related activities, our faculty also supports students enrolled in our Master's of Science in Science Education, which has options for elementary, secondary and informal science educators.

Applications for Department Chair are being accepted now, with review of candidates to begin December 15, 2012. We will consider candidates at the Professor or Associate Professor level (with tenure). The Department of Science Education at California State University, Long Beach is committed to building a more diverse faculty, staff, and student body as it responds to the changing population and educational needs of California and the nation. We seek applicants and nominations from those who have experience teaching, mentoring, and developing research in ways that effectively address individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds. California State University, Long Beach is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.

To apply, please refer to the attachment below or go to http://www.csulb.edu/divisions/aa/personnel/jobs/cnsm/index.html

You may also contact Dr. Laura Henriques ([log in to unmask]) or Dr. Jim Kisiel ([log in to unmask]) for additional information.

Christopher L. Atchison
Assistant Professor
Director, International Advisory for Geoscience Diversity
Department of Geosciences
Georgia State University
404.413.5789
www.TheIAGD.org