CALL FOR CONFERENCE PAPERS AND PARTICIPATION
Mount Royal University, Regis University and the Journal of Global Commerce Research invite you to participate in the International Conference on Global Commerce and Sustainability
Date: October 5 - 6, 2012
Venue: Bissett School of Business, Mount Royal University
The present global issues today are affected in no small measure by sustainable development and energy needs to fuel such development. The conference focuses on two major themes: (1) education for sustainable development and (2) sustainable energy exploration, exploitation and reclamation projects.
The UNESCO Implementation Scheme identifies the following with regards to education and sustainable development:
"In pursuing education for sustainable development…there must be some clarity in what sustainable development means and what it is aiming at.
Education for sustainable development is fundamentally about values, with respect at the centre: respect for others, including those of present and future generations, for difference and diversity, for the environment, and for the resources of the planet we inhabit.
Education enables us to understand ourselves and others and our links with the wider natural and social environment, and this understanding serves as a durable basis for building respect. Along with a sense of justice, responsibility, exploration and dialogue, education for sustainable development aims to move us to adopting behaviours and practices which enable all to live a full life without being deprived of basics.
Education for sustainable development mirrors the concern for education of high quality, demonstrating characteristics such as:
The second theme - energy related – derives from the fact that the host country and province for the conference are Canada and Alberta, both global leaders in mining and energy exploration and also hosts of one of the largest reclamation projects in the world.
The conference invites international scholars and practitioners to submit abstracts, posters, and proposals pertaining to sustainability in education, commerce, global business, resource exploitation and recovery, renewable energy and sustainable management practices. While these are main subjects and tracks for the conference we also encourage submission of papers with the following as topics:
• Education and Curriculum Development
• Sustainable Management Practices
• Sustainability in Education
• Sustainable Energy Exploration and Reclamation Projects
• Business Systems and Processes
• Transportation, Logistics and Security
• International Business Management
• Business Leadership
• Organizational Behavior and Learning
• Business Strategy and Technology/Innovation
• Market Trends
• Concept Development and Commercialization
• Financing Concepts and Expansions (feed and tariffs, jobs, etc)
• Intellectual Property Rights
• Updates in Global Commerce and Supply Chain Management
• Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethical Management
• Public Policy Analysis
• Advertizing and promotion management,
Business Information Systems,
• Business Law,
• Business and Cross-Cultural Managerial Communication,
• Labor Relations and Human Resource Management,
• Marketing Theory, Research and Applications,
• Operations/Production Management/ Research/Statistics
Strategic Management Policy,
• Corporate and International finance,
• Emerging Markets and Economic Development,
• Financial Institutions, Services and Markets,
• International Economics and Trade,
• Macroeconomics and Microeconomics,
• Portfolio and Security Analysis,
• Public Policy and Regional Economics
• International Tax Accounting
Accepted papers will be considered for the Best Paper Award and publication in the Journal of Global Commerce Research (www.journalofglobalcommerceresearch.com) or the Journal of Current Research in Global Business.
Please see the Journal and Conference submission guidelines at: www.Journalofglobalcommerceresearch.com
We are pleased to announce that we have negotiated a substantial discount for hotel accommodations for conference participants. The hotel chosen will be Hyatt Regency Calgary. Guests can begin making reservations by either clicking on the following link:
https://resweb.passkey.com/go/bissettschoolofbusinessmeeting , or by calling the hotel at 403 537-4438. Please be sure to mention that you are attending Global Commerce Forum at Bissett School of Business, Mount Royal University.
Each morning participants will be picked up from the hotel and brought back with school chartered buses at no expense as this will be a complimentary service provided by Bissett School of Business.
Early bird - $ 200 (if registered by July 30th)
Regular - $295
Students - $50
Mount Royal University Faculty - $100
Participants from developing countries may received additional discounts and will be provided with a letter of invitation by the university for receiving a Canadian visa. Please check in advance to make sure that your country is included in the visa exempt program with Canada. Please visit the following link to determine if you need a letter of invitation: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp