Invitation to a Seminar: What Matters to Citizens of the United Kingdom: Social, Political and Economic Values

You have been invited to a seminar presenting a new public report from The Anatomy of Civil Societies Research Project entitled:

"What Matters to Citizens of the United Kingdom: Social, Political and Economic Values"

The project’s leader, Professor Timothy Devinney, will present results from this unique global study that identifies the social, economic and political issues that concern citizens of the UK today, and what influences their preferences when it comes to philanthropy and other forms of support. The report provides a nuanced picture of the values of the UK population; the seminar will delve deeper into the meaning of the results, and discuss how these results compare to other parts of the overall research project being conducted around the globe (including a recently launched report on Australia and reports on the US and Germany to be presented in September and October).

The report and the discussion will help your organisation with its engagement with, and appeal to, key stakeholders. There will be an opportunity for a lively discussion on how the results can be applied in corporate, governmental and non-governmental settings.

The Anatomy of Civil Societies Research Project is a 5-year global project funded by the Australian Research Council and various groups and funding agencies around the globe.  Its team includes researchers in North America, Australia, and Europe.   The seminar is free and part of our global outreach program aimed at disseminating our findings and maximizing their impact with multiple and diverse stakeholders.

Seminar details
Tuesday 25th September 2012, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm (Event registration open from 08:30)
Location: Education Centre, Royal Geographical Society, 1 Kensington Gore, London SW7 2AR

Please register your interest to attend on our RSVP website, via:

http://www.super.socialchoicesurvey.com/RSVP_UK2/cgi-bin/ciwweb.pl?studyname=RSVP_UK2&access=enter

RSVP by Wednesday 19th September 2012 (if possible)

We look forward to seeing you at the seminar.

NOTE: Please feel free to forward this invitation onto others you believe would be interested in attending.  Also, if you have difficulty registering please just contact and we can do it manually.

Also, note that we will be launching the US results of this work at the SUNY Global Center on 20 September and the German results in Hamburg and Berlin in October.  If you want information about this please contact us.  In addition, the Australian results are available via: http://www.modern-cynic.org/social-economic-and-political-values-reports-2/

Timothy M. Devinney
Professor
The University of Technology, Sydney
Humboldt University-Berlin

Global Numbers: +61 2 8006 0048 (Will Ring Me Anywhere via Skype)

Other Numbers:
Australia (Mob): +61 412 276 467
USA (Mob): +1 (847) 207 3202
Germany (Mob): +49 (151) 5316 7974