Carlson School of Management

University of Minnesota

Tenure-track position in Strategic Management and Organization

The Strategic Management and Organization Department at the Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota, invites applications from qualified candidates for a full-time position to begin Fall, 2013. We are looking for either an assistant or an associate, although we have a preference for advanced assistants. Candidates for assistant must be ABD or have completed a doctorate and must demonstrate a strong commitment to high quality research and teaching. Candidates for associate must have a proven record of high quality research and teaching. We are particularly interested in a scholar working in international management/international business or global strategy/organization. Additional research interests in any of: corporate responsibility/ethics, economics, entrepreneurship, innovation, macro-organization theory, sociology or technology would be desirable.

Faculty in the Strategic Management and Organization Department include Stuart Albert, Mary Benner, Dan Forbes, Martin Ganco, Aseem Kaul, Jiao Luo, Ian Maitland, Alfred Marcus, Harry Sapienza, Gurneeta Vasudeva Singh, Myles Shaver, P.K. Toh, Paul Vaaler, Andy Van de Ven, Joel Waldfogel, Richard Wang, Aks Zaheer, Sri Zaheer, and Shaker Zahra.   The department features a vibrant doctoral program and inter-disciplinary faculty engaged in research using many different approaches with a keen focus on quality scholarship.  Several department members are active as editors or on the editorial boards of major journals.  In addition, the Carlson School is recognized around the world as a leader in business education and research.  The School’s commitment to international education, in particular, is evident in the activities of the Carlson Global Institute and the recently-established Center for International Business Education & Research.  To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.csom.umn.edu.

The Carlson School is located in a vigorous business community.  The area features the headquarters of 19 Fortune 500 firms, a number of the world’s largest private companies, and a strong track record of entrepreneurship and innovation.  There are clusters of firms in high tech, medical devices, food and agriculture, and financial services, among others.  Many faculty members pursue research projects with local companies.

The Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul are rated among the best metropolitan areas to live, highly regarded for their thriving arts, music and theater.  The University of Minnesota is highly ranked nationally for research, and several department faculty maintain close ties with other University departments, including Sociology, Economics, Psychology, as well as with the Medical School, the Engineering School, the Law School and the School of Public Policy.

Applications must be submitted online at employment.umn.edu to requisition no. 180564.  A cover letter, curriculum vitae, two letters of reference, a dissertation abstract and job market paper must be submitted online. Other research papers, if applicable, and copies of teaching ratings should be sent separately to [log in to unmask].

We will start reviewing applications November 7th.  We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.

Questions about the search should be directed to Noelle French, Recruitment Committee Coordinator at [log in to unmask].

The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.

--
Gurneeta Vasudeva Singh
Assistant Professor of Strategic Management and Organization