From: David Graff [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 3:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Wake On LAN

We use it very extensively as a way for users working from home to wake their computers from home if the terminal server was inadequate. Previously we had to designate a system in each subnet as being the always on WOL relay system since ITS isn't about to allow us to do the broadcast forwarding (and I can't say I blame them for that). But with the recent network restructure and our VM environment, it became very easy for us to create a single WOL VM with multiple virtual nics to each vLAN/broadcast domain and greatly simplified the configuration.