From the article:

"As the app is a hybrid between desktop and Metro, typical elements of Metro style apps like the app bar or even swiping backwards and forwards are not supported yet. Swiping up from the edge of the screen or down from the top will activate a fullscreen mode for Chrome Metro — not the typical behaviour found in other Metro style apps."
So it isn't a true UI-formerly-known-as-Metro application... and that came out two months ago... and settings/bookmarks are stored separately from desktop version... and their doesn't seem to be any update since that initial release.  Add the fact that Google has way more resources (i.e. money and developers) to throw at such a project than almost any other company and it seems to validate my argument more than your's.  That one of the most able software companies is having trouble porting their wares to Win8, the same company that was able to easily workaround Apple's roadblocks with their services on iOSin prior years.

-Steve Bogdanski

Maybe Mozilla just doesn’t know how to work with Windows, or they have such junk code (which they keep saying they are fixing the memory leaks). Google had no issue with Metro. http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/12/3079985/google-chrome-metro-style-windows-8-hands-on and Google is about as “non-sanctioned” as you get.