I just wanted to add a couple of notes regarding this issue.

First, Charlie's email gives accurate information for students who need
to reset a NetID password, they must acquire their APID and PAN from the
Registrar's Office if they do not have those numbers.  That information
does not apply, however, to non-student NetIDs.

Second, the delay in the use of a PIN that Jon noted only affects NetIDs
that are manually created (such as departmental NetIDs) on the day of
their creation.  NetID records need to be uploaded in the nightly jobs
before the PIN can be used to activate the account.

Third, on the PIN Request form it is possible to choose to pickup a PIN
Letter or have it faxed or mailed and the PIN letters are processed
daily.  In emergency situations where access to an account is critical
and a PIN Letter is required quickly, you can contact the Help Desk at
432-6200 and have them inquire as to whether or not your PIN letter can
be expedited for pickup or fax.  PINs are expedited whenever possible
but the ability to do so is obviously dependent on many factors
regarding the current volume of work in the ID Office.

Lisa Berg

--
NetID Administrator
ATS ID Office