   Along with beating the summer heat, we wanted to share a couple of items regarding teacher education at this Fall's GSA meeting in Charlotte.

First, we just wanted to remind people of session T76 – Teaching Teachers: Examples of Successful Geoscience Content Courses and Workshops for Pre-Service and In-Service Teachers. This session encompasses all aspects of working with teachers including content courses, methods courses, and workshops. Don't forget that the deadline for submitting an abstract is August 14th.

   Second, if you work with teachers, please email Jennifer Anderson at [JLAnderson (at) winona.edu] and briefly describe your background, how you are involved in Earth Science Teacher Education, and list 3-4 of the most important issues that you face as an Earth Science Teacher Educator or Researcher. We plan on sharing the results at GSA but need your input first. Thanks to those who have already done so. The more we hear from you, the clearer picture we will have of who we are as a community within Geoscience Ed.

   Lastly, there continues to be interest for a Teacher Education division within NAGT.  If you are interested in helping to make this a reality, send an email to Kyle Gray [kyle.gray (at) uni.edu] and watch for a possible gathering at GSA.

    Thanks for all who have supported Teacher Ed within the geosciences. And don't forget to submit those abstracts today!!!

-Kyle Gray (Northern Iowa)
  Jennifer Anderson (Winona State)
  Amy Ellwein (Western State)