From: Richard Wiggins [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Is the phone number 211 functional on campus?

Local news media advertises the number 211 for finding cooling centers (and other services) in the Lansing area.  211 is apparently like the old 411 number some of us may remember.  Does the number 211 work on campus?  Do you have to dial a prefix?

(If I dial 211 on my AT&T cell phone, I get a voice notice that the call cannot be connected.  It appears from net searches that 211 may be tied to the United Way..  Is 211 official or not?  I am retired from MSU and do not have a campus phone.)

/rich