Hey Al,

Read Step 11.

You need business\username.

Jamie

From: Al Puzzuoli [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 4:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Problems Configuring Outlook Anywhere for College of Business User

I am working with a user to configure Outlook Anywhere on a machine running Windows 7 and Office 2010. We have already confirmed that we can access her webmail at mail.bus.msu.edu; However, I spent several hours this afternoon fighting with Outlook anywhere to no avail. I am following the instructions documented here:

https://www.bus.msu.edu/its/howdoi/email/CreateNewProfileOutlook2007.html

Note, I believe you will need a College of Business username to gain access to that document. If it matters, the document was written for Outlook 2007, and we are using Outlook 2010. The problem is Outlook keeps going in circles when it comes to authentication. Whenever I hit check name, a Windows security box comes up asking for her Credentials, and then acts as if her username and password were not valid. One thing that is interesting is that the domain portion of the credentials is defaulting to the local computer name. I have tried variants on the username such as exv1.bus.msu.edu\username, and mail.bus.msu.edu\username to no avail. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Al Puzzuoli

Michigan State University

Information Technologist                                       http://www.rcpd.msu.edu

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities  517-884-1915 120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033