My distrust stems from having some other entity get your password.

A single point of failure, and you are trusting them to do it right, and
not be compromised.  So yes, there *is* an increased attack surface
here: you are adding to the complexity of things and trusting that
they are secure.  To me, that's increasing the attack surface.  I
don't know what else to call it.

--STeve Andre'