Did something change in the configuration of the network last week?
We've got a number of dell printers over here that apparently when
they were set up, the dell install program sets up the printer port as
printing to the "name" of the printer instead of explicitly to an ip
address.  Late last week, this suddenly has stopped working, and I've
had to go through and fix them so they've got the ip address
explicitly put in.  (These names on the printer were never setup
anywhere in dns, the printer install program just kinda "magically"
found them during the install, and the port was set up as printing to
the name.)  We didn't do anything to change anything ourselves, so I'm
just kinda wondering if something was changed at the campus level that
could cause this.  (In general with these, the computers have had
dynamic ip addresses from the campus dhcp, and the printer had a
static ip from our building's allotment of ip's.)

Gary