Hi Everyone,

I'm sure you've noticed, but this week is very big for farm bill actions!
The United States Senate began the debate process last week and things are
moving forward. Below is information on three current actions; there will
be one more to follow tomorrow.

*1. Organizational Sign On Letter -  Beginning Farmers - Microloan/Go Farm
Amendment (Sens. Harkin & Casey): *
You may have already seen this sign-on letter:  This is about an amendment
to roll together the Farm Service Agency (FSA) micro-loan priority and GO
FARM proposal. The sign on with details about this amendment are accessed
here - http://bit.ly/harkincaseysignon
*Deadline for signing on is 5 PM Eastern time on Wednesday. *

Your endorsement will help us build support for this amendment in Congress
- thanks so much!

*2. Today's Action: In Support of the Brown Amendment  (Senate Amendment
2362) *
The action can be found at the link below and there is some language to
help you spread the word!
 http://bit.ly/senatefbfloor

*Got Five Minutes for the Farm Bill?
*5 years. That's how often the farm bill comes around.
5 minutes. That's all it takes to speak out for reform.
A lifetime. That's the kind of impact you'll have.

Our nation’s farmers are aging, and we can’t afford to wait any longer to
help the next generation of farmers and ranchers get off to a strong start.
Programs that boost jobs through rural entrepreneurship, invest in the
future of American agriculture, and provide assistance to historically
underserved farmers received little to no funding in the Committee’s bill.
Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH), along with 10 fellow Senators*, has
introduced an amendment that restores funding to these critical programs.

Will you support the Senators’ efforts in ensuring beginning farmers and
rural communities don’t get left behind in the 2012 Farm Bill?Take action
here:  http://bit.ly/senatefbfloor

Now’s the time – amidst the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives, the
Senate is debating the 2012 Farm Bill, and decisions are being made that
will impact farmers, the environment, and local communities for years to
come.  If you can spare 5 minutes, you will have an impact.

*Also...*
To keep up to date on the happenings with the farm bill - check out the
National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition's blog, or sign up for weekly
updates: http://bit.ly/2012FarmBillSignOn. We are also posting
Michigan-based and related news on our blog:
http://migoodfoodpolicy.wordpress.com/

As always, If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Best wishes,

Lindsey Scalera
*Michigan Voices for Good Food Policy*
Grassroots Organizer
734-646-2428
http://migoodfoodpolicy.wordpress.com/

*Sign-on to NSAC's Farm Bill Platform*
http://bit.ly/2012FarmBillSignOn

National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition
www.sustainableagriculture.net

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html