June 12, 2012
Dear Vicki,Please ACT TODAY!National Organic Certification Cost Share is At Risk Again
Call Your Senators to Protect
Organic Certification Cost Share Program
Senator Toomey has introduced an amendment in the Senate Farm Bill that would strike out the National Organic Certification Cost Share Program
Call the Senate switchboard and they'll connect you: (202) 224-3121.
Here's the Message:
"Please vote NO on the Toomey Amendment #2217 which would kill the National Organic Certification Cost Share Program."
This program is important for all organic farmers, and:
- Keeps organic production in the United States -- meeting strong US consumer demand for organic with US organic product
- Keeps a diversity of farms certifying
- Maintains organic certification as a gateway to the market, as farmers grow beyond direct sales
- Encourages new entry into certified organic
- Encourages processors to certify and grow their organic production, providing Value-Added processing infrastructure for farmers
Donate Safely and Securely Through PayPal
PLEASE DONATE TODAY! Your donations will help us to continue our work to ensure organic integrity, and to keep you informed of organic news at USDA, NOP, NOSB, as well as in Congress and the Courts.
Please note that Rural Advancement Foundation International (RAFI- USA), our Fiscal Sponsor, will be the name appearing on your statement.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contact Information:Liana Hoodes
National Organic Coalition National Organic Action Plan
3540 Route 52, Pine Bush, NY 12566
Phone and Fax: 845-744-2304