CHAIR IN ASIAN BUSINESS OR ECONOMICS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE

In addition to the four positions we announced here on 18th June (3 lecturer/senior lecturer positions in International Business/Strategy/Management/Human Resource Management/Operations Management, and a Professors in Strategy/Leaderhsip), we also have a named Chair in Asian Business or Economics open. Find attached a job description for the JAMES RIADY CHAIR IN ASIAN BUSINESS OR ECONOMICS in the Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Melbourne.

The Riady Chair is central to our strategy of strengthening our engagement with Asia and in this position, you will be expected to play a leadership role in building our Asian-focused research, teaching and engagement capacity. The Faculty will consider applications from candidates with an outstanding research and teaching record in any aspect of Asian business and economics. The Riady Chair may be located in any department in the Faculty and a cross-departmental appointment may also be considered.

The Faculty of Business and Economics has been a leading provider of business and economics education since 1924.  It is committed to research excellence and engagement, the highest quality academic programs, and strongly linked via formal alliances and partnerships to business, government, and the wider community.    It has an active advisory board where business leaders, government representatives, and community leaders have a substantial and meaningful role in the implementation of the Faculty’s vision.  The Faculty has strong connections with leading international universities.  These external connections together with its own world class academics, outstanding professional staff and strong leadership provides the foundation to become the leading business and economics faculty in the Asia Pacific region.  There are approximately 8290 students enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate degrees within the Faculty. The Faculty is the home of the BCom and BCom (Hons); a much sought after undergraduate degree nationally and internationally.  The Graduate School of Business and Economics offers professional masters programs and is also the home of leading research masters degrees and the PhD.

The University of Melbourne is a leading international university with a tradition of excellence in teaching and research. With outstanding performance in international rankings, Melbourne is at the forefront of higher education in the Asia-Pacific region and the world. The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked by the THES among the world’s top 50 universities.

Applications are open, and close on July 31, 2012 (midnight Melbourne time).

I will be available to informally meet with potential applicants during the upcoming AIB Meeting in Washington DC.  Please email to organise a time/place.

Kind regards,

Dr. André Sammartino
Senior Lecturer in International Business & Strategic Management
& Director of the Master of International Business (“The MIB”)
Department of Management & Marketing
University of Melbourne
Parkville, Victoria
AUSTRALIA 3010