2012 Annual Conference, October 31 - November 2, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Hosted by: Florida Atlantic University

Conference Theme: Institutions and Emerging Markets

Conference Website: www.aibse.org

Reviewer Signup Deadline:  June 30, 2012

The 2012 Annual Meeting of the Academy of International Business Southeast USA Chapter (AIB-SE) will be held at Florida Atlantic University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on October 31 – November 2, 2012. We invite scholars, graduate and undergraduate students as well as business practitioners to signup as reviewers.  To successfully achieve the chapter's developmental mission we need as many reviewers as possible to review papers, panels and presentation proposals addressing international business topics in general, and thematic papers focusing on emerging markets are encouraged. Please visit our website www.aibse.org for more information.

Why Sign Up To Review?

To encourage participation in the review process there will be awards and cash prizes for the best conference reviewer and the best student reviewer.  Additionally there will be three free conference registrations selected from among all reviewers that submit reviews in a timely manner.

At the 2011 AIB-SE Annual Conference, which was attended by scholars from 25 countries representing 6 continents, each submitted conference paper got between 3-4 reviews.  This developmental focus is central to the mission of our chapter and we would like to continue this tradition of success.  To sign up as a reviewer please visit the new conference website at www.aibse.org and navigate to UPCOMING CONFERENCES and to CALL FOR REVIEWERS.  Or you can simply sign up by clicking the link provided below:

http://meetings.aib.msu.edu/us-se/2012/signup.php

The Conference

AIB-SE is one of the two largest and most active regional divisions of the Academy of International Business’s 16 worldwide divisions. AIB-SE’s annual conference centers on the presentation of the newest ideas in international business to an international audience of academic scholars and business practitioners. The conference is characterized by a strong developmental focus, providing participants with a supportive and collegial platform to discuss and develop ideas, and mentoring and helping authors enhance their papers for publication.
The 2012 conference theme is “Institutions and Emerging Markets” and our keynote speaker will be AIB Fellow Dr. Oded Shenkar. The conference will be hosted by Florida Atlantic University, a renowned nationally-ranked research university and southeast Florida’s oldest public university. The official conference hotel is the The Riverside, Fort Lauderdale’s oldest hotel. The Riverside Hotel is located in short walking distance (0.3 miles / 500 meters) from Florida Atlantic University’s downtown campus (our 2012 conference location) on the famous Las Olas Boulevard, right on the Intercoastal Waterway with direct access to Fort Lauderdale Beach and to the many canals and waterways that gave Fort Lauderdale the nickname “Venice of America”.

The conference will feature competitive and interactive paper sessions, panel discussions on and around our annual theme, a doctoral student consortium and meet-the-editors session, a journal paper development workshop with the International Journal of Emerging Markets, sponsored by Emerald, a welcome reception by the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance including a tour of the Fort Lauderdale port (the second largest cruise port in the world and one of the world’s largest cargo ports), a dinner cruise on Fort Lauderdale’s waterways, and several social networking events including our annual welcome reception, dinner gala and award ceremony and annual luncheon. All accepted conference papers will be published in the 2012 AIB-SE Conference Proceedings and the best papers will be invited for submission to two special journal issues, one thematic issue on emerging markets published by Emerald’s International Journal of Emerging Markets and a special issue by AIB-SE’s own journal, International Business: Research, Teaching and Practice. The conference will further feature several awards, including an overall best conference paper award, a best thematic paper award on emerging markets, two best student paper awards (undergraduate and graduate), an overall best conference reviewer award as well as a best student reviewer award. These awards come with cash prices and AIB-SE may also award travel stipends for scholars and students from low-income countries and for students accepted for the doctoral student consortium to facilitate their attendance of the conference.

Doctoral Student Consortium
As part of the conference, AIB-SE will hold a doctoral student consortium inviting PhD students to submit research papers and defended dissertation proposals in abbreviated format. A developmental session with senior faculty will provide doctoral students the opportunity to enhance their scholarly work in preparation for publication. AIB-SE will also organize a meet-the-editors session allowing doctoral students to interact with editors and publishers of academic journals. For more information, please visit the conference website at www.aibse.org and contact the Consortium Chair, Dr. Mike Mullen at [log in to unmask]

Submission Instructions
All papers and panel proposals should be submitted electronically via the AIB-SE’s online submission website atwww.aibse.org/conference/submission by June 30, 2012. There are five types of submissions: (1) competitivepapers, (2) interactive papers, (3) thematic papers on emerging markets, (4) student papers, and (5) panel proposals. The aforementioned submission website includes a description for each of these submission types. To be included in the official conference program, at least one author of each paper and all members of a panel proposal must register by September 15, 2012. Papers must conform to the Instructions for Authors of the Journal of International Business Studies (JIBS).

We look forward to seeing you in Sunny Florida!

AIB-SE Chairs and Conference Organizers

Ilan Alon, Ph.D.
AIB-SE Chair and Cornell Chair of International Business
Director, The China and India Centers
Rollins College and Harvard University

Daniel Rottig, Ph.D.
AIB-SE Vice Chair and 2012 Conference Chair
Assistant Professor of International Business and Strategy
Lutgert College of Business - Florida Gulf Coast University

Matthew C. Mitchell, Ph.D.
AIB-SE Development Director and 2012 Conference Co-Chair
Assistant Professor of International Business and Strategy
College of Business and Public Administration - Drake University

Mike Mullen, Ph.D.
Local Host Representative and Chair of Doctoral Student Consortium
Professor of International Business and Marketing
College of Business - Florida Atlantic University

2012 AIB-SE Sponsors

For more information, please visit AIB-SE’s website at: www.aibse.org

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.