Hi all,

Look forward to seeing you this weekend!  I wanted to remind you first about a few interesting sessions.

1 - The Opening Plenary.

We have a great roster of speakers lined up, including the President of Oxfam America, Ray Offenheiser, a pioneer in building relationships between NGOs and Fortune 500 firms.  REMEMBER THAT THE FIRST 300 PEOPLE TO ARRIVE AT THE PLENARY WILL RECEIVE FREE AIB T-SHIRTS!  The Opening Plenary will be great!  Please try to come.

2 - DC Deans Panel session 1.1.P

Sunday morning at 9AM, four deans from DC-area schools will discuss ideas for broadening business school education to incorporate diverse constituencies like government and NGOs.  The DC Deans have lots of good ideas about how we can make business school education more relevant to a broader group of actors who play critical roles in the global economy.

3 - Interested in seeing how things get done in DC?  Session 2.3.3

Opening Global Markets to US Healthcare Exports features members from industry, academia and NGOs that are all part of the Alliance for Healthcare Competitivess - a DC based cooperative network that comes together around common issues.  This session is chaired by Jonathan Doh.

LAST MINUTE REMINDERS

As we indicated earlier, you will need a photo ID to enter the Ronald Reagan Building where the conference will be held.  Give yourself a little extra time to get to your sessions - especially 9AM sessions on weekdays,

Finally, think about taking the Metro one stop to get from the conference hotel to the Reagan Building,  You can do this without having to go outside. You can get to the Metro through the hotel lobby (Metro Center station) and take the orange or the blue line one stop to Federal Triangle.  The Federal Triangle stop lets out directly into an entrance to the Reagan Building.  Metro fares increase on July 1st to $3.10 during rush hour.

It will be a great conference!

Best,

Susan Feinberg

AIB Program Chair 2012