On 05/24/12 10:53, Hoort, Brian wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

We’ve got a Sharp ceiling-mount projector that suddenly is very dim, about half the lumens it was prior.  Restoring defaults and messing with contrast/brightness settings does not help. The projector is about six years old.  Is this likely just a bulb gone bad (it says it is at 60% of projected life) or a failing projector?  I don’t want to spend $300 to find out.  Have any of you experienced this?

Your advice is most appreciated.

Brian Hoort     |     517-355-3776

ANR Technology Services, User Services

College of Agriculture and Natural Resources

Michigan State University

http://support.anr.msu.edu/

If it's six years old, and is working but dim, it's the bulb.  I suppose
the control electronics could be stuck at half mast, but that isn't
likely.

One thing you might want to try is to physically unplug the unit.
Turning it off isn't the same, so a cold boot might, just might
reset something if it's electronic.

I'll wager on the bulb. ;-)

--STeve Andre'